Anthony Wilson, the music mogul behind some of Manchester’s most successful bands, has died of cancer.
The Salford-born entrepreneur, who managed New Order, Joy Division and the Happy Mondays, was diagnosed last year during a routine visit to the doctor.
The 57-year-old, who launched Factory records and the Hacienda nightclub, underwent emergency surgery in January to remove a kidney.
He passed away on Friday evening in hospital.
» Bristle Welcomes Careful DriversThanks for passing through; take your litter home and please, no spitting.
» Recently Posted
- Shellshock & Awe – kiddie edition
- My tenth Twitter birthday
- Umbrellas out
- Really good documentary films online for free
- Taiga, taiga, burning bright: the Lykovs of Siberia
- Radio ramblings: on Interference FM and the need for mass communications to sustain mass movements
- Judgement on Trumpton..?
- Wikipediaphile: Gadsden flag
- Trump inauguration – all a bit Rexall ‘N’ Effect
- Community policing, Bristol fashion
- I think under the Toubon law French vets are now required to say ‘je vais inspecter les excréments félins’ twitter.com/katebevan/stat… 1 day ago
- Man summarily dismissed by Irish electricity board ESB as ‘security risk to RoI & UK infrastructure’ gets injunction irishtimes.com/news/crime-and… 1 day ago
- It’s like the opening of a post-Brexit millennial dad joke twitter.com/LDNCalling/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @theyspiedhere: @out_of_lives @copscampaign @HousmansBooks We'll share what we know so far, & hope that @UndercoverNet continue exposing… 1 day ago
- A great project! Got to keep the #spycops on their toes... twitter.com/theyspiedhere/… 1 day ago
» WHINE LIST
» Meta puma coming through the rye
» Tatty Bye!