Tony Blair has taken a part-time post with US investment bank JPMorgan.
Mr Blair, who stood down as UK prime minister in June last year, has been employed “in a senior advisory capacity”, the bank said.
…It is not known how much JPMorgan will pay him, but some estimates say more than $1m (£500,000) a year. The bank said he had a “unique perspective”.
It said Mr Blair would advise the firm’s CEO and senior management team, “drawing on his immense international experience to provide the firm with strategic advice and insight on global political issues and emerging trends”.
“Our firm will benefit greatly from his knowledge and experience,” it said.
Mr Blair earlier told the Financial Times he planned to take up “a small handful” of similar roles with other companies in different sectors.
“I have always been interested in commerce and the impact of globalisation.
“Nowadays, the intersection between politics and the economy in different parts of the world, including the emerging markets, is very strong.”
» Bristle Welcomes Careful DriversThanks for passing through; take your litter home and please, no spitting.
» Recently Posted
- Shellshock & Awe – kiddie edition
- My tenth Twitter birthday
- Umbrellas out
- Really good documentary films online for free
- Taiga, taiga, burning bright: the Lykovs of Siberia
- Radio ramblings: on Interference FM and the need for mass communications to sustain mass movements
- Judgement on Trumpton..?
- Wikipediaphile: Gadsden flag
- Trump inauguration – all a bit Rexall ‘N’ Effect
- Community policing, Bristol fashion
- @MrPaulStott @jeremycorbyn Not that I've seen! 2 hours ago
- LOL twitter.com/copscampaign/s… 2 hours ago
- RT @PeterSalmon7: #Blacklisting still with us as World Check database lists journalists, trade unionists and animal rights activists: https… 2 hours ago
- vice.com/amp/en_uk/arti… 2 hours ago
- RT @MinovskyArticle: Comic drama comes and goes, but Jack Kirby coming out of his well to shame Stan Lee is forever. https://t.co/MmzGhFVZXK 5 hours ago
» WHINE LIST
» Meta puma coming through the rye
» Tatty Bye!