A good post by Teacher Dude, who came into his own as a citizen-journalist during the Greek Uprising of recent months:
…The police report released just after his death mentioned nothing of the attack and and indeed sought to blame protesters for supposedly impeding attempts by ambulance crews and officers to provide first aid. It seems there are lies, damned lies and official accounts.
It is interesting to note just how similar was the official reaction to Tomlinson’s death to that of 15 year old Alexis Grigoropoulos, shot by police in Athens last December. In both cases the police gave out an account that was almost entirely at odds with eye witness accounts and later evidence. Yet much of the mainstream media choose to accept the official accounts at face value even though those present told a different story. Also in both cases video footage came out that quickly disproved the version given by officers involved…
My posts on G20:
Monday 30th March
- G20 terror plot foiled! Or, How The Police Justify Their Existence With Loud Headlines Now (Quiet Apologies Later)
Tuesday 31st March
- The G20 Bomb Plot (That Isn’t A Bomb Plot) Trundles On!
- Sinister tycoon funds incitement to riot over G20 summit!
Thursday 2nd April
Friday 3rd April
Sunday 5th April
Tuesday 7th April
- The Guardian: ‘Police murdered Ian Tomlinson’
- Q: How many laughing policemen does it take to kill an innocent bystander?
- Police medics: Just out creating demand
- Alexis, Ian; Athens, London – wherever you are, wherever you go, a cop is a cop is a cop