In the Guardian video it is clear that at least three officers – other than the one who actually assaults Ian Tomlinson – appear to be looking directly at the events unfolding before them.
As Ian Tomlinson lies on the ground (see picture above) he appears to be talking to the police officers in the picture above. One of them seems to be a FIT officer. The FIT officer seems to kick or prod Ian Tomlinson with his foot before walking back behind the other police officers.
How many of these police officers freely volunteered any information about the circumstances of Mr Tomlinson’s death? How many of them will pay for his death? Who will be held to account for the lies and half-truths put out by the police?
An anonymous commenter on an early blog post made the following remarks:
You’ll also notice that the officers pictured here: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/4/6/1239007647655/Ian-Tomlinson-lies-on-the-001.jpg
bare a resemblance to the officers here:
Those pictures are:
And the picture from the top of the post:
(Both pics resized to 500 pixel width.)
I’m not sure it’s possible to say with certainty that anonymous is right or wrong.
My posts on G20:
Monday 30th March
- G20 terror plot foiled! Or, How The Police Justify Their Existence With Loud Headlines Now (Quiet Apologies Later)
Tuesday 31st March
- The G20 Bomb Plot (That Isn’t A Bomb Plot) Trundles On!
- Sinister tycoon funds incitement to riot over G20 summit!
Thursday 2nd April
Friday 3rd April
Sunday 5th April
Tuesday 7th April
- The Guardian: ‘Police murdered Ian Tomlinson’
- Q: How many laughing policemen does it take to kill an innocent bystander?
- Police medics: Just out creating demand
- Alexis, Ian; Athens, London – wherever you are, wherever you go, a cop is a cop is a cop