I’ve been away from the blog for a while – real life hassles, a bit of a cold, all sorts, really – but now I’m back, and playing catch-up.
As well as wading through all the screengrab nonsense that most of you aren’t in the slightest bit interested in, I’m going to try and get back up to speed with some of the things that have been happening lately in Bristol and on the blogosphere.
First up: Chris Hutt.
Chris Hutt ran the Green Bristol Blog and was a champion of cycling and all things environmental in Bristol. On Saturday he was found dead at his home. He has been paid fulsome tribute both on the interwebs and in the local media:
- Chris Hutt: died, March 2010 (Bristol Traffic, 21st March)
- Chris Hutt (James Barlow, 21st March)
- Chris Hutt (Pete Goodwin/Stockwood Pete, 21st March)
- Chris Hutt (Glenn Vowles/Vowles The Green In Knowle, 21st March)
- Sad news (Councillor Neil Harrison, 21st March)
- RIP Chris Hutt (Derek Wall/Another Green World, 21st March)
- Sustrans tribute to Bristol bike campaigner Chris Hutt (BBC News Bristol, 22nd March)
- Tributes as Bristol cycling campaigner found dead at home (Bristol Evening Post, 22nd March)
- Bicycle race (Paul Smith/Working For The Clampdown, 22nd March)
- One for the Bristolians – RIP Chris Hutt (Bristol Dave, 23rd March)
- Goodbye Chris, and Thank You (Josh Hart/On The Level, 23rd March)
- Tributes pour in for cycling campaigner Chris Hutt (Bristol 24-7, 24th March)
- Chris Hutt – A remarkable man who knew how to get things done (The Bristol Blogger/Bristol 24-7, 26th March)
I never met him, but he was a regular commenter here (as he was everywhere else in the local blogosphere!) and seemed like a genuine sort of fellow, passionate in what he believed and keen to get stuck in. I’m sure the bunfights he started shall continue to rage, even in his absence.
Toodle-pip and watch those junctions!
[Edited to add more links.]