A group of students has occupied part of the University of the West of England (UWE) campus at Frenchay in Bristol.
The occupation has taken place in protest at rising fees and cuts at the University. Spokespersons for the protest say that it is in solidarity with staff and students across the country as well as for future generations who will be squeezed by the cuts.
On Wednesday 24 November there will be protests led by students – at universities, colleges and schools – across the country.
In Bristol the action timetable for Wednesday looks like this:
11am – University of the West of England Walkout begins across all campuses
12am – University of Bristol Walkout begins
12:30pm – All students (school, college, university) from across the city to assemble opposite Senate House, Tyndall Avenue
1:15pm – March to Wills Memorial Building
Links & contacts:
- Bristol Walkout
- UWE Walkout
- Bristol Anti-Education Cuts Email: email@example.com
- Anti-Cuts Action Bristol & Bath (anti-authoritarians/anarchists)
- Bristol Anti-Cuts Alliance
- Anti-Cuts Protests (national)
- UK Uncut (national)
- National Campaign Against Cuts & Fees
- Ten Eleven Ten (national) (building on student protest in London on 10 November)
- November 10th Defence Campaign (national) (supporting students victimised at student protest in London on 10 November)
- FITwatch (national) (tactic/campaign to prevent police Forward Intelligence Teams stifling protest)
See you on the streets!