Well, here we are at last – the one hundredth Mystery Pic Quiz post! Guess the film from the picture and win stuff…
++ STOP PRESS ++
Congratulations to James, and hard luck the rest of you.
To spur you indolent wretches into action, for this round and this round alone I have scoured my shelves for doubles and kicked up a not inconsiderable little treasure trove of DVDs for a prize:
- Alfred Hitchcock: The Signature Collection 7 DVD Boxset featuring Strangers On A Train (1951) (2 disc special edition with both Preview and Final Release versions); North By Northwest (1959); The Wrong Man (1956); Stage Fright (1950); I Confess (1953); and Dial M For Murder (1954) – all with extras and/or documentaries
- Torn Curtain (1966) (thinpak edition with extras)
- The Italian Job (1969) (Paramount Widescreen Collection edition with extras including documentaries and commentary)
- RoboCop (1987) (Criterion Collection edition with extras including unrated Director’s Cut and commentary)
- The Terminator (1984) (MGM Special Edition 2 disc set with documentary, deleted scenes and other features)
- Casino (1995)
- The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (1966)
- Wire In The Blood The Complete First And Second Series (2005) (5 disc boxset with extras)
- Wire In The Blood The Complete Third And Fourth Series (2005) (4 disc boxset with extras)
- Superstars 3 featuring Black Moon Rising (1986); Deadfall (1993); The Crossing (1990); and Nobody’s Baby (2001)
Okay, so they’re all ‘pre-owned’ and some of the keepcase hubs are a bit knackered, and the booklet is missing from the Terminator boxset – but this is free shit, dammit! Sixteen films and four TV series across twenty-five discs!!!
To win, all you need to do is identify the film from the screengrab at the top of this post. That’s it. Post your guess in the ‘Comments’ section below; the first one to the right answer wins.
And not only am I offering up a bounty to encourage you all to enter, this time I am also providing clues…
- It’s a film I have previously mentioned on this blog, and one I have watched in the last year (hint, hint…)
- The director has made some big Hollywood pictures, but that’s not how he started out
- It’s based on a book about real life events
- It features an international cast
- You need a fifth clue? Lazy!