And with a secure server, massive coverage and a clear message that we’re here to stay.
On Monday night we received notification that our site had been suspended due to “attempting to pervert the course of justice” due to our posting offering advice to the Millbank students. Whilst the email requesting the site be closed on the basis it was being used for “criminal activity” came from DI Paul Hoare, from the Police Central e-crime Unit, the authorisation to close was given much closer to home, by acting Detective Inspector Will Hodgeson. Hodgeson, who was involved in the first Fitwatch case, and has sat through many of our trials and appeals, evidently finally had enough and decided to shut us down.
However, through totally underestimating the power of social media, this pathetic attempt has failed miserably. Within minutes of networking what had happened, people were re-publishing the post anywhere and everywhere. There are now over 100 sites carrying the original post – we haven’t managed to count them all. We have been overwhelmed by the support and solidarity and send massive thanks to everyone who’s offered to help and reposted the information. If we haven’t replied personally, it’s only because we’ve been inundated, and haven’t had time.
This was a real attempt to squash dissent and criticism of the police, as well as attempting to stifle common sense advice to protesters subject to a witch hunt by the right wing press. The solidarity given by so many people has ensured this hasn’t happened, and has shown we can fight back. Even if we were to be arrested and prosecuted now, we would still be grateful to CO11 for the amount of publicity they’ve generated for us.
We’re back, and we’re stronger than ever.
» Bristle Welcomes Careful DriversThanks for passing through; take your litter home and please, no spitting.
» Recently Posted
- Picturehouses and kinemas
- The Owl of the Inns
- Ian Tomlinson. Ten years. Rest in peace.
- Wikipediaphile: Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic
- Half Bakered at The Shard…
- Shellshock & Awe – kiddie edition
- My tenth Twitter birthday
- Umbrellas out
- Really good documentary films online for free
- Taiga, taiga, burning bright: the Lykovs of Siberia
- RT @val_aston: It is hard to see how this can still be called a 'trial'. While other police forces have rejected frt, in @swpolice it is op… 1 day ago
- RT @copscampaign: For far more than the public inquiry is admitting about Andy Coles' #spycops career in the Special Demonstration Squad, s… 2 days ago
- RT @copscampaign: The public inquiry are behaving as if this did not happen: #spycops officer Andy Coles (second from left) as ‘Andy Davey’… 2 days ago
- RT @copscampaign: The #spycops public inquiry only says that officer @CllrAndyColes infiltrated animal rights groups, but internal police… 2 days ago
- RT @copscampaign: How can the #spycops inquiry do fact-finding when it won't even admit which organisations officers infiltrated? eg 'Dave… 2 days ago
» WHINE LIST
» Meta puma coming through the rye
» Tatty Bye!